« Home | What we were doing at 9:45 last night » | Look at Me! » | Please Don't Eat the Daisies » | Chocolate Feet » | Surgery » | On Our Way to the Final Four! » | Stop and Smell the Flowers » | Sickly (it's one of the most pitiful things I've e... » | March Madness » | A Day with CZP »

Happy Birthday, Charlie!



While it seems like I haven't known him for a whole year, it also seems like I've never been without him. I can't believe my baby is a year old today. He has changed so incredibly much over the year and I can't wait to learn even more about him. For Charlie:

I love the way you love to rub the back of your head on anything, creating a big ol' bed head in the back.
I love the way you poke your tongue out at the slightest moment of concentration.
I love the way you squeeze me tight and nuzzle my should when I pick you up to carry you on my hip.

I love the lovely half-words you say day and night.

I love the way you look at me and smile when I come to pull you out of your crib in the morning.

I love snuggling with you, especially when napping in the "big bed."

I love your long eyelashes, your wavy hair, and your inexplicable blue eyes.

I love that I am the one who knows all of your tickle spots.
I love that you try to kiss all the animals in your books, even the ones that don't look like Magie or Roxy.
I love that you are a fighter who is determined and strong-willed.

I love that you look like your father from the top of your head to the tips of your toes.

I love that you are my little boy.

Happy birthday, my baby, my puppy, my Charlie.

Happy birthday big guy! The Chockleys all love you. We're so glad to have you in our lives!

Post a Comment